Saturday, July 10, 2010

budget luxury?

Friday, 9 July 2010



is it even possible? luxury on a budget? I moved to Shibuya after checking out from the corporate hotel (15300 JPY which was a bargain from the 25000 JPY online rate for my 17th floor executive room). Booked the Shibuya Granbell Hotel on Tablethotels which is a bargain at 11000 JPY a night (all taxes inclusive). hotel is a short walk up a steep slope (thank goodness for luggage with 4 wheels!) and I like the first impression (now where's the door?)

to Room 711... Nice cozy corridor




so this is how 14 sqm looks like. Bathroom has full glass to increase the sense of space in this tiny room. Free wifi? okay I can survive in this room. Seriously how can anyone LIVE in a mickey mouse condo in Singapore? a couple of nights is one thing... but won't you go bonkers night after night in 500 sqft?

Have been watching live streaming of TdF nightly on my laptop. Somehow cycling is not followed in this country and not broadcast on anyone of the many TV channels. Football? yes the pub is open till 3am if you like.


The room while small is very functional. every space is creatively used. In particular I like the Do Not Disturb/Make Up My Room sign. Hanging door sign? That is so yesterday. Magnetic double-sided signs make more sense and asthetically more pleasing

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment